The Janki Saye Foundation understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used and shared. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits our website and contacts us via email, and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a manner that is consistent with our obligations and your rights under the law.
1. Definitions and Interpretation
In this Notice, the following terms shall have the following meanings:
o Personal Data
Means any and all data that relates to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified from that data. In this case, it means personal data that you give to us via our website or send us via email or post. This definition shall, where applicable, incorporate the definitions provided in the EU Regulation 2016/679 – the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”); and
Means the Janki Saye Foundation (charity registration no 1161371) of 34 Lings Coppice, Croxted Road, London SE21 8SX
o Our Site
Means our website: www.jankisaye.org
2. What Does This Notice Cover?
This Privacy Notice applies only to your use of Our Site. Our Site contains links to other websites (e.g. JustGiving, Virgin Money Giving). Please note that We have no control over how your data is collected, stored, or used by other websites and We advise you to check the privacy policies of any such websites before providing any data to them.
3. Your Rights
As a data subject, you have the following rights under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which this Policy and Our use of personal data have been designed to uphold:
1. The right to be informed about Our collection and use of personal data
2. The right of access to the personal data We hold about you (see section 9)
3. The right to rectification if any personal data We hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete (please contact US at firstname.lastname@example.org)
4. The right to be forgotten – i.e. the right to ask Us to delete any personal data We hold about you (We only hold your personal data for a limited time, as explained in section 4 but if you would like Us to delete it sooner, please Contact Us)
5. The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data
6. The right to data portability (obtaining a copy of your personal data to re-use with another service or organisation)
7. The right to object to Us using your personal data for particular purposes
8. Rights with respect to automated decision making and profiling
If you have any cause for complaint about Our use of your personal data, please Contact Us and We will do Our best to solve the problem for you. If We are unable to help, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK’s supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office.
4. How Do We Use Your Data?
1. All personal data is processed and stored securely, for no longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. We will comply with Our obligations and safeguard your rights under the GDPR at all times.
2. Our use of your personal data will always have a lawful basis, either because it is necessary for Our performance of a contract with you (e.g. grant giving) or because you have consented to Our use of your personal data (e.g. by subscribing to newsletter emails), or because it is in Our legitimate interests. Specifically, We may use your data for the following purposes:
3. With your permission and/or where permitted by law, We may also use your data for marketing (advancing Our charitable cause) which may include contacting you by email or telephone. We will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that We fully protect your rights and comply with Our obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
4. Third parties (including YouTube / Google and YouTube) whose content appears on Our Site may use third party Cookies. Please note that We do not control the activities of such third parties, nor the data they collect and use and advise you to check the privacy policies of any such third parties.
5. You have the right to withdraw your consent to Us using your personal data at any time, and to request that We delete it.
6. We do not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. Data will therefore be retained for the following periods (or its retention will be determined on the following bases):
5. How and Where Do We Store Your Data?
1. We only keep your personal data for as long as We need to in order to use it as described above and/or for as long as We have your permission to keep it.
2. Your data will only be stored in the UK.
3. Data security is very important to Us, and to protect your data We have taken suitable measures to safeguard and secure data collected through Our Site.
6. Do We Share Your Data?
1. We will not share any of your data with any third parties for any purposes.
2. In certain circumstances, We may be legally required to share certain data held by Us, which may include your personal data, for example, where We are involved in legal proceedings, where We are complying with legal obligations, a court order, or a governmental authority.
7. How Can You Control Your Data?
In addition to your rights under the GDPR, set out in section 4, when you submit personal data via Our Site, you may be given options to restrict Our use of your data. In particular, We aim to give you strong controls on Our use of your data for direct marketing purposes (including the ability to opt-out of receiving emails from Us which you may do by unsubscribing using the links provided in Our emails and at the point of providing your details).
8. Your Right to Withhold Information
You may access certain areas of Our Site without providing any data at all. However, to use all features and functions available on Our Site you may be required to submit or allow for the collection of certain data.
9. How Can You Access Your Data?
You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by Us (where such data is held). Under the GDPR, no fee is payable and We will provide any and all information in response to your request free of charge. Please Contact Us for more details.
Privacy Notice last updated May 2018